In-depth research for content writing assignments includes several essential steps:
- Ask your client about the goal, expectations from the article, and where they will publish the content.
- Define the target audience (or, again, ask your client).
- Google the topic and related keywords. Read as much as you can or at least enough to cover the points your client wants to include.
- Look up competitors’ sites to better understand what the target audience likes. Try to find posts related to your topic.
- Check out posts on forums like Reddit to get firsthand insights from users, customers, or the general public (depending on the topic).
Also, if you think there’s another way to learn more about the topic of your assignment, don’t hesitate to try it out.